PTPI Language Ambassador is a cultural and educational program that offers English-speaking participants the opportunity to visit a PTPI chapter, become immersed in its culture and teach English. Typically, visits last two-four weeks.
Participating chapter members benefit from English conversation language lessons and Language Ambassadors have the opportunity to experience life in another culture.
PTPI encourages both teachers and chapter members to take part in this exciting opportunity to meet new friends, practice English, establish direct contact with people from different countries and discover a new culture!
The following chapters have applied for and/or participated in the program:
- Lugoj, Romania
- Roman, Romania
- Tbilisi, Georgia
- Varna, Bulgaria
- Vaslui, Romania
- Yerevan, Armenia
- English native speakers or non-native with an excellent command of English; teaching experience is appreciated but not required
- Lead English conversational language classes for a period of two-four weeks, approximately 20 hours per week; the option to teach additional languages is also available
- Will receive from PTPI European Office a kit containing a manual and practical exercises for teaching English
- Are responsible for travel costs to a chapter
- Must organise travel insurance
- Must organise visa, work permit and vaccinations if necessary
- Offer accommodation for participating teacher (own apartment or similar)
- Supply "pocket money" for eating expenses and/or meals
- Introduce teacher to the chapter network and/or friends
- Supply the teacher with information about the chapter, the city and its area, and the target group he/she will be teaching
- Provide PTPI and the teacher with a copy of rules (work-permit) for non-paid teaching in the country
- Members taking part in the classes should have basic English skills
Download Applications forms
Applications are accepted year-round