PTPI's Interlaken, Switzerland Chapter
After the dissolution of PTPI Switzerland in 1996, PTPI’s Interlaken/Berner Oberland Chapter was founded by Regina Wälti, former president of PTPI Switzerland and at that time member of PTPI’s Board of Directors. Starting in 1996 with 12 members, we have now around 40 members and in addition about 40 members of the Family Club (hosts). The origin of the members is internationally very mixed: Switzerland, California, Arizona and Italy.
- Offering homestays for groups (up to approx.40) and individuals.
- In the last 15 years, more than 700 guests.
- Travelling, visiting members of other chapters around the world. Principle: Inquiries for visits and homestays are made from chapter to chapter.
- Members attended all European and several Worldwide conferences.
- Speciality: Cultural work (for instance supporting an opera singer, supporting a language student, organizing concerts (for example concerts for a youth orchestra).
- "Bilingual Current Affairs Club” for members (practice English and German twice a month, November to June)
- Sister chapter: Bucharest, Romania: Mutual visits, cultural exchange.
- Organizing meetings for the young generation (YG)
- International programs (Meet the Diplomats).
How we work
- An annual meeting in February with special program
- 4-5 board meetings per year (6 board members)
- 2-3 Newsletters per year
- Informative evenings for host families
- Alternately organizing all Swiss Chapter Meetings (Bern, Interlaken, Zürich)
- Sending and supporting a delegation to PTPI’s Worldwide and European Conferences
- Located between the lakes of Thun and Brienz
- 564 m above sea level
- Historical city, from 13th century
- About 5,000 inhabitants
- International tourist attractions
- Starting-point for many excursions (for instance to the mountains Jungfrau: 4158 m, Eiger: 3970 m, Schilthorn: 2970 m)
- Region in the center of Switzerland
- International railway connections
- Close to the Capital of Switzerland (Berne)
- Close to Lucerne
- Not far from Zurich airport
- Beautiful landscape: mountains, glaciers, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, forests and more (A lot to see)
- Cultural events: music festivals, art exhibitions (Kunsthaus), riding competitions, international truck meetings, oldtimer-meetings and more
- Wide range of sport activities: A lot to do, many sports like golf, walking, hiking, climbing, sailing, swimming, river rafting, bungee jumping, paragliding and more
Chapter Interlaken / Berner Oberland
Daniel Rüegsegger, President
Fabrikstrsse 46 / Interlaken
Tel. +41792225333 / Fax: +41338223387
We are on Facebook: www.facebook.com/PeopleToPeopleInternationalInterlaken